The New Forest Marque is going from strength to strength and now has 128 members. Its aim is to help local producers and farmers promote their craft and produce under the distinctive banner of the New Forest Marque. It is the only scheme of its kind in the country and ensures that stringent standards have been adhered to.
Sarah Hunt, New Forest Marque Manager, said: ‘This scheme is so important to local producers. The Marque helps shoppers identify quality New Forest produce, it lowers food miles and reduces the environmental impact of transporting food long distances and it also helps support the New Forest’s local economy by supporting local businesses and employment.
‘You can buy Marque produce all over the Forest - in local shops, neighbourhood stores, farm shops, farmers’ markets, pubs, restaurants, cafes and hotels - just look for the logo.’
Paul Black from the Real Jam and Chutney Company Ltd who has recently joined the Marque, said: ‘We are pleased to be a member of the New Forest Marque and are looking forward to growing with it. We think that it’s very important for local businesses to support each other and to show the wealth this area has to offer.
‘We use New Forest Marque produce wherever possible and are currently using strawberries from New Forest Fruit, root vegetables from Sunnyfields and soft fruits and rhubarb from Dan Tanner at Sopley.’
The latest businesses to join the New Forest Marque:
- Cobley Wood Farm, Ringwood - free range pork, lamb and bronze turkeys
- Granary Kitchen, Everton - cookery school and private dining
- Logs R Us, Lymington - high quality dry oak logs for open fires or wood burners
- New Forest Aromatics - candles, room fragrances, lip balms and reed diffusers
- New Forest Bellows, Lyndhurst - makers of fireside bellows
- Old Farmhouse restaurant and tea rooms , Burley - open every day for breakfast, coffee, lunch and cream teas
- Parkside Produce, Fordingbridge - an artisan producer of home-made seasonal preserves
- Real Jam and Chutney Company Ltd, Southampton - local produce jam
- Ringwood Brewery, Ringwood - Hampshire based brewer of quality cask ales
- Spout House Cakes, Boldre - specialising in rich brandy based fruit cake, rocky road and simnel cakes
- The Bay Tree bed and breakfast - Milford on Sea
- The Drift Inn, Beaulieu - Local ales, good food, cosy fires and a large garden
- The Filly Inn, Brockenhurst - freshly cooked food from local, seasonal produce and accommodation
Enjoy local New Forest Marque produce and craft in the Local Food and Farming area at the New Forest and Hampshire County Show from 24-26 July.
For more information about the New Forest Marque and to download a copy of the directory visit www.newforestproduce.co.uk
More info..... New Forest Marque