There are four farm shops in the New Forest National Park that are all part of the New Forest Marque, a unique scheme that ensures the produce is of the highest quality and local to the New Forest.
During the weekend the farm shops will be offering special promotions on New Forest Marque branded produce and craft as well as food tastings and demonstrations.
Sarah Hunt, New Forest Marque Manager, said: ‘We are spoilt for choice in the New Forest. We have local food and produce of the highest quality and this weekend we want as many people as possible to visit their local farm shops.’
Farm shops stocking New Forest Marque branded produce this weekend:
Tatchbury Manor Farm Shop (Tatchbury Lane, Winsor, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40 2HA).
- 11am and 2pm food demonstrations using Tatchbury Manor reared pork.
- First 10 customers receive a free lemon tart and potato dauphinoise from Mange-To-Go.
- Taster ice cream pots from Bere Dairy.
- See lambs, chicken and geese.
- Manor reared pigs, sheep and cattle is turned into pork, lamb and beef at its on-site butchery.
Setley Ridge Farm Shop (Lymington Rd, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7UF).
- Tasters of the Mange-To-Go range, Setley Ridge wine, Lyburn and Loosehanger cheeses, cakes, jams and chutneys.
- Special offers on selected produce.
- Has its own vineyard producing Setley Ridge wines – grown, produced and bottled on site.
Owls Barn Farm Shop (Derritt Lane, Sopley, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 7AZ).
- Produces home-grown, free-range beef and lamb for its farm shop and sells
- New Forest Marque vegetables.
Sunnyfields (Jacobs Gutter Lane, Totton, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40 9FX)
- Grows its own organic vegetables and has its own butchery for New Forest Marque meat. Market every Saturday.
For more information about the New Forest Marque and where to buy visit www.newforestproduce.co.uk