Different too – clients are offered flexible appointment times, to suit their lifestyle demands. All initial consultations are free of charge conducted by a specialist family solicitor.
Catherine Sousa has practised family law for 10 years, across Hampshire managing high-level divorce cases, including complex children issues, financial matters and property disputes upon divorce and separation.
She concludes “Our focus is on achieving the best outcome for the family as a whole and exploring all of the options available for the client. Our clients are people not numbers and we take exceptional care to ensure that any children of the family are looked after not only financially but emotionally. We are a modern, dynamic group – our watchword is clarity and we hope to ring the changes to family law in Southampton”.
Catherine Sousa offers the following advice for those considering separation or divorce:
- The earlier you get advice, the better.
- Don’t agree a financial settlement before seeking guidance. This will not be legally binding and either partner may attempt to claim more, at a later date.
- Don’t rush in to ‘angry decisions’ and don’t feel pressured by the other partner.
- Don’t hide away from financial problems. Keep all financial documents safe.
- Be realistic – the family finances may well have to support two households in future and cutbacks may be necessary.
- Consider the children. Where possible, both parents should calmly explain what is happening.
Catherine Sousa Solicitors also undertake residential and commercial conveyancing and deal with wills, probate and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Call 02380 713 060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. Visit http://www.catherinesousasolicitors.co.uk/ for more information.